FORTHCOMING CLASSROOM SUITE DEVELOPMENT
HELP SHAPE FUTURE CLASSROOM
ASSESSMENTS AND TOOLS
We recognize that even more needs to be done to provide additional insights into student learning that are more directly tied to classroom teaching and learning. We know that solving this challenge will need input from state and local educators working alongside educational researchers who are experts in designing quality assessments.
We also recognize that every state has unique needs. This is why an important initiative within the Winsight® program is the development of classroom tools – both testlets and formative resources – in partnership with states and their educators. We believe in a future where assessment and learning are not discrete activities. We want to help states reach that future where everybody wins.
COMPONENTS TO BE DEVELOPED
- Gain insight into what students know at the start of a unit
- Help teachers plan the best use of time toward the end of a unit
- Provide a common end-of-unit assessment that can be used across classrooms or even schools
- Shorter scenario-based unit assessments administered within one class period
- Measure students’ understanding of important concepts within grade-level standards
- Target specific learning progressions in mathematics and key practices in ELA at each grade level
- Help students gain insight into their own learning through self and peer assessment
- Model exemplary learning and assessment approaches
- Encourage research-based pedagogical practices and a range of assessment tools to support those practices
- Support ongoing teacher learning and collaboration among colleagues
- Day-to-day classroom tools that provide evidence of student learning during the instructional process to support real-time instructional decision-making
- Provide actionable instructional feedback
DISCOVER THE OTHER COMPONENTS OF THE WINSIGHT® PROGRAM
Each component of the Winsight program has a specific function with unique benefits. Explore the other two.